Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Is the NFL losing touch with its fans

Yes, I admit it. I am spoiled. My father has been driving me to and from work so I can save money by avoiding parking. In exchange for his services, I let him drive my car and listen to a morning talk show by this guy named Mike and Boomer Esiason. In the past few days, the topic of interest besides the end of the baseball season has been football - the only sport I really follow. Apparently, teams such as the Giants are coming up with programs that cost an exorbitant amount of money to buy and/or keep season tickets. This has something to do with obtaining a personal license for the season tickets which gives you rights to a set of seats; remember you also have to buy the season tickets (sounds like double dipping). I also learned that even if you have season tickets, you still have to buy the game day tickets. About a month ago I went onto ticket master to see if I can buy tix for my dad and I. The cheapest tix I could find (a pair) would've cost me over $500 bucks. I think the prices charged for going to a football game is disgusting. Teams are losing site of the fans which has helped make football just as important to our society as baseball. Unfortunately, like any other corporation, the only goal at hand is the almighty dollar. Eventually, at this rate, no regular American who wants to go to a game with his or her father will be able to. The stadiums will be empty and the only ones watching the game live will be pigeons. In which case I am sure management will come up with a way to charge them too.

p.s. go bears!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment